Monday, 18 March 2013

People Are Nice.

I've always tried to tell myself that people are nice. Of course there are nobs, dicks, and even right bloody ****s, but what's important to remember (or at least to tell oneself) is that most people are kind, helpful and friendly. And over the last few days this fact has been highlighted to me more than usual. 

I have set up a charity page to raise money for an extremely worthwhile cause. As I said in my last post, the charity is called Build, and it's their aim to provide support and activities for adults with learning difficulties. I'll be going back on Wednesday not only as part of one of my objectives but also because I really want to help. What's amazing is that, even though I set up the page in preparation for my 10km race and 3 Peaks Challenge, people have already started donating. It has only been running for a couple of days and I have so far raised £90. And by raised I mean, sat.

If I can raise £90 by sitting, imagine how money can be raised by actually doing things! To be honest, when Kat donated £25, I was getting ready to meet some friends in Bury for St. Patricks Day for a day of drinking and I felt pretty guilty! I felt like I didn't deserve it as I hadn't really done anything. Of course it's not for me, but you surely understand my point? Most people raise money by swimming a million lengths of a pool or run naked through garden centres. And so I kind of felt like a fraudster. I must admit that when Scott donated a massive £50, I was feeling less guilty as he was one of the guys who was also drinking (hopefully nothing to do with his donation). But now the £1,000 target doesn't seem too difficult. With your help, we can do this!

Please look at my charity page: http://www.everyclick.com/buildnorwich

If you donate money, I will be eternally grateful and, much more importantly, so will the individuals who attend this amazing and necessary social club.

Some of the members on a day trip to London

No comments:

Post a Comment