Friday, 3 May 2013

APRIL SUMMARY

Here they are again:

1. Write a book.
2. Run a 10km race.
3. Do at least 20 hours of some volunteering/charity work.
4. Record an album.
5. Learn a language.
6. The Three Peaks Challenge.
7. Raise at least £1,000 for charity.
8. Knit a jumper.
9. Go to, on average, one museum a month.
10. Read 10 books in a month.
11. Introduce tea/coffee to my life and regularly eat at least 3 fruits.
12. Clear out my garage.

And here's my my progress. Please, after the IMMENSE satisfaction you get from reading about my journey, go to http://www.everyclick.com/buildnorwich and donate some money for an extremely worthwhile charity. Here are three reasons as to why:

  • It will provide invaluable and extremely appreciated support for adults with learning, sensory or physical disabilities.
  • If I raise enough money BEFORE the Three Peaks Challenge, I should be able to get sponsorship, which in turn, will raise more awareness and money for the charity. (See point 6!)
  • It will mean that Dom wont be the last person who wrote on my charity page. And although I love him for donating a very generous amount of £20, his accompanying comment: "Give Up" is starting to get demoralising. I can't let him win! (I know that's how he wants me to react...the manipulative little devil)



1. Incomplete. So incomplete. Mental, in fact. Writing a book is mental. I've come to terms with the fact that writing an actual proper book (like one that you buy from Sainsburys) takes up so much time. I mean, I knew that anyway. But seriously, LOADS of time. I think I'm going to have to write a short novel. Or quit my job. And I'm not quite willing to do the latter. 
2. Incomplete. I have a 5km run tomorrow for preparation and, if you care enough, you can read my previous blog to find out more! By the way people, I wish you'd all stop assuming that I will find it easy. I don't think I've ever run 5km in my life and I can almost guarantee that, by the end of it, I'll be able to wring my underwear. 
3. Incomplete. I must have done 9 hours of volunteering at Build Charity now. http://buildnorwich.org.uk/ Not really keeping count as I know this will be completed in the next couple of months. 
4. Incomplete. Still pretty much nothing. It's the summer holiday soon right?
5. Incomplete. But still attending an Italian course every Monday night. You want some evidence? 
Bounjourno! Come stai? Bene? Va bene. 
As you can see... pretty much fluent.
6. Incomplete. But we have a date! This will done on the 23rd August. Unfortunately it's looking like it'll cost over £200 just to fund the challenge but fortunately the charity I'm raising money for will help find sponsorship so long as I can show that I can raise above a certain amount. So I need sponsorship now! Did I mention that you're all lovely people and that I love you all? Did I? Well... just in case I didn't: You're lovely and I love you. Cough.
7. Incomplete. See above. By this point you're probably thinking "Shall I give money now? Or shall I wait until he's actually completed the 10km run or Three Peaks Challenge?" The answer to both is yes (I can get annoyed by people pressuring me into giving money for charity but the way I see it is that you've chosen to read my post and, importantly, I'm a hypocrite).
8. Incomplete. The only change is that now "hate" is not a strong enough word to describe my feelings towards knitting. A metaphor involving loss of limbs, eye gauging, and fire, would paint a truer reflection of my mood. Just to clarify, all those things are really, really bad. 
9. Incomplete. Again, it's the summer holiday soon. Go teaching! 
10. COMPLETED!
11. Incomplete. The fruit part, anyway. However, the tea part of the challenge is well and truly accomplished. Tea is just so brilliant. It improves pretty much everything: hangovers, conversation, chocolate digestives... Of course there are a few things that it doesn't improve: showers, moshing, hanging upside-down like a bat...
12. Incomplete. It's going to be a busy summer.


Thanks to everyone's continued support. Remember, this whole malarkey was to see if people really can achieve much more than usual if they really put their minds to it. As it stands, I'm still undecided.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment