I don't want to moan.
I've been told off for moaning.
So think of this as some unfortunate events that I have observed. I am definitely not moaning.
After completing a book within 3 days by Sunday and remaining on target to complete this month's major challenge, I have since failed to complete another book, 5 days later. This is what has happened so far this week:
Monday - School trip, in which I got back at about 10pm
Tuesday - I had a migraine. I very infrequently get migraines so this was inconvenient to say the least.
Wednesday - My debit card and cash was stolen and I had a parents' evening (reading between appointments!)
Thursday - Had to sort out card incident and give statements (although I did have a small amount of time in the evening to read)
Friday - Going OK so far (except one of my form tutees smashed his face on a radiator), although I have organised to play football and meet up with a friend to play the guitar and record one of my songs. These are good things, except the face smash thing obviously, but they are taking away my precious reading time!
As you can see; very little time. Perhaps the weekend will free up some time to read?
Saturday - A friend visiting in the morning to play golf, watch football and Six Nations and probably drink too much
Sunday - Recover, and meet with in-laws.
I'm finding that having a normal life, and reading 10 books in a month (as well as bloody well writing the occasional blog about my reading of books) to be very difficult.
I said, at the beginning of all this madness, that I did not want to compromise anything, and that's a challenge in itself. So that I can show you my progress of books, I quickly made a shelfari account, which is a fantastic website for anyone who likes to read.
See my profile here: http://www.shelfari.com/?kmi=2986601 - I've only added a few books because I haven't had the time to add every book I own.
So far this month, I've read Stuart by Alexander Masters and have almost finished reading The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce. And I promise you that I am reading every word! Ask my wife, who is day-by-day getting more annoyed with me ignoring her.
Sorry Adele! Next month will be more normal, I promise.
Probably.
Give up.
ReplyDeleteRead shorter books?
ReplyDelete