Thursday, 7 March 2013

Volunteering (and nothing else)

Today I went to Norwich Volunteer Centre, in Norwich, to be a volunteer.

It was a very productive hour which, in my mind, made the day a productive one. In truth though, this is probably the only productive thing I've done so far this month, in terms of achieving my 12 resolutions challenge and so despite the productive day, I don't think I can say that I've had a productive week.

And I promise not to write the word 'productive' again.

I mean, I have also sold some conservatory furniture, which meant my garage being slightly less of a mess (challenge number 12). And tomorrow I'm performing my second gig, which might go some way to influence my album (challenge 4). But I barely got out my chair to do those things.

I must continue to be proactive. And not play chess online like an absolute loser only to avoid knitting, like a loser. And I must learn some fucking Italian. Or 'cazzo italiano', as they so eloquently say.

Still, the meeting at the volunteer centre went well. I fully recommend others giving it a try. There are so many different ways that people can help. I opted for helping at a social club for young adults with learning difficulties and I hope to start next Wednesday evening.

Here's a really good website for those that are interested in volunteering although I suggest meeting with the lovely people at NVA, if you're local, as they make you cups of tea and have pleasant hair.

http://www.do-it.org.uk/

Anyway, that's all for now. Now it's time to watch the Spurs game whilst feeling guilty about not writing a bloody novel. GO AWAY GUILT. YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE.

...............................................................................................................................................................

If I appear angry, it's because I am. I ran out of butter for my jacket potato earlier and it put me in a bad mood.

2 comments:

  1. Is the social club called Build?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is called Build! I probably should've mentioned that... How did you come to hear of it?

      Delete