Thursday, 13 June 2013

Ben Got Pooed On

I went for a 7km run today with a friend, Ben. It turns out that he's much fitter than me. But, whilst he was waiting for me to catch up at the finish line, a bird pooed on his head. I think this goes to show that if you run round, pointing out all the pretty scenery whilst your tired friend struggles to breathe, justice will be met. Sometimes in the form of poo.

Today's run was the furthest I've ever run. That's if you can call it a run. It was closer to a pacey stagger. My lungs felt like they had shrivelled to the size of peanuts, my legs felt like jelly (made of lead) and I had as much strength, by the end of it, as a crisp. But I completed it. And Ben ended up driving home half naked because of the bird faeces. So it was worth it.

I'd also like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me. Since I announced my intention to see off a pint as soon as I finish my 10km run later this month, a surge of people have donated. I've now raised £200, which I'm very happy about. 

I've recently upped my offer. If I raise £300 before the 29th June, I'll also see off a Jagerbomb. In no way do I want to endorse irresponsible drinking. But apparently you lot do.

So please continue to be lovely people and donate at http://www.everyclick.com/buildnorwich.

Shit happens.


  

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are hurting yourself for charity!!!! Seeing off a pint and a jagerbomb is not irresponsible......

    ReplyDelete