Thursday, 27 June 2013

Biggest Test of the Year So Far!

And it's finally time to put my words into action. I said that I would do a 10km run this weekend, it's Thursday, and I'm worried! Firstly I've had to change the day as I was roped into helping out on a school trip on Saturday. I couldn't think of an excuse quick enough. So, regrettably, I changed the day of the run to tomorrow (Friday).

The problem is although I've been steadily training most of the year I haven't really managed to get any exercise in for the last couple of weeks. Last week I was just so busy and, with any free time I had, I was helping my wife pass her Maths QTS Skills Test (she passed so it was well worth it!). And this week, although I played football and Ultimate Frisbee on Tuesday, that's about it. Today I was going to do a short practice run but I've been feeling rough all day. I've actually been so pathetic that I took a 2 hour midday nap*. What a loser. This was not how I planned my preparation! Furthermore, I've literally just woken up to find that my beloved has just put in a huge pepperoni pizza and chips in the oven.

So I think considering all the factors, I will probably perform my run on Sunday, as opposed to Friday. This will give me an opportunity to feel a bit better, get some more exercise in on Friday when I play football after school, and it wont be after a day of work. Plus it will still mean that I complete this challenge this month! Of course if I feel healthy tomorrow, I'll do it then.

So here's my route again. It's a hilly 10.02km run between Wymondham and Bawburgh Kings Head.
Well...quite hilly.


Remember, this is all in aid of raising money for a fantastic charity: http://www.buildnorwich.org.uk/

If you have a couple of quid to spare, feel free to donate on my charity page: http://www.everyclick.com/buildnorwich.



Every penny goes straight to the charity and they really would appreciate any donation.

As I've mentioned before, I've already promised to see off a pint because the total has got up to £200. I also stupidly promised that if we get up to £300, I will also do a Jagerbomb. I'm not endorsing drinking irresponsibly. But apparently other people are. As soon as I mentioned that I will see off a pint, I raised £70 in half a day. So keep on donating please, not only to support the wonderful young adults at Build, but also to increase the chances of seeing a grown man, in a pub, cry (me).

*The school I work at had a day off today. Napping is not usually possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment