![]() |
| A tired hedgehog. His spines are a metaphor for my anguish. |
1. Write a book.
2. Run a 10km race.
3. Do at least 20 hours of some volunteering/charity work.
4. Record an album.
5. Learn a language.
6. The Three Peaks Challenge.
7. Raise at least £1,000 for charity.
8. Knit a jumper.
9. Go to, on average, one museum a month.
10. Read 10 books in a month.
11. Introduce tea/coffee to my life and regularly eat at least 3 fruits.
12. Clear out my garage.
And my progress (remember a couple of these things will be done in June)
1. Incomplete
2. Incomplete
3. Incomplete
4. Incomplete
5. Incomplete
6. Incomplete
7. Incomplete
8. Incomplete
9. Incomplete
10.Completed
11.Incomplete
12.Incomplete
The honest truth is that I'm knackered. Proper well tired, mate. I feel twice my age. In the last couple of weeks I've been given insoles to alleviate pain on my weak, suffering knees. I've been getting chest cramps. And my receding hairline is getting harder to cover. I'm a mess. And I'm so busy. Despite motivational words and my best intentions, I'm starting to think that all this stuff is perhaps too much. I'm running when my lungs and knees let me. I'm learning Italian in between thinking. And I go through waves of thinking that 12 big challenges a year is an excellent use of time, to thinking "I'm a twat. What am I doing with my life?"
I think I need a big push for donations. Seriously.
If I can get to this month having got to at least £200 then I'd feel like £1,000 by the end of the year is do-able. Plus it'll mean that Build (the charity I'm raising money for) will be able to invest more money into promoting my Three Peaks Challenge that I'm doing in August, and therefore raise even more money.
So please help. Not just for this amazing charity http://buildnorwich.org.uk/ but also for me. I need you to donate money to this worthy cause so that I feel like I'm not wasting my energy.
I'll be doing a 10km run at the end of this month (the 29th) that starts at my place of work and ends at a pub. I tell you what; if I get to £200 before my run, I'll see off a pint when I get there!
Per favore.
http://www.everyclick.com/buildnorwich
Grazie mille.
(That means please and thank you)

No comments:
Post a Comment