How did this happen? How did no one notice? I only have 11 New Year Resolutions. My compilation is incomplete! I blame all of you by the way. If I blame myself I effectively have to question my abilities of being a Maths teacher. I have given other people an opportunity to pick some for me and this is what they suggested:
- Visit the most Northerly, Easterly, Southernly and Westerly points of the UK
- Learn how to count to 12
- Keep a clean sheet this season in goal
- Enter something into a fair, such as a painting
- To become a Dad
- To create (and not buy) all greetings card for a year
- Learn how to play Fifa. This must have been suggested ironically, as I am brilliant a Fifa.
- Give up supermarkets for Lent
- Buy no new clothes for a year
- Mentor a young person
- Perform a show
- Enter a photography competition
- Do a calender
- Read 10 books in a month
I need an option that is challenging, cheap, unlike any others, something I have control over and does not require my having any children. I really wish that I could do a few of these, or even replace one or two from my original list (the fruit one and the knitting one spring to mind), but rules are rules. I want to see if it is genuinely possible to make promises and stick to them.
And so I’m going to choose (drum roll please):
Read 10 books in a month.
I currently struggle to get through one a month so it’s going to be tough. But with your support (or books!) I can do it! This will be target number 10, as number 1-9 and 11-12 are taken! My next blog will record the process I have/have not made on these others. Stay tuned. I promise there will be a picture too!
No comments:
Post a Comment