Trying to get the ball rolling, or rather 12 balls, is proving quite difficult. Where do I start? What do I prioritise? I have to try and be efficient.
If I try and get fit now, I can do the Three Peaks Challenge (5) and 10km race (2) from the Summer Holiday onwards. I need to organise both probably quite a bit earlier but there is no point looking forward to them without trying to combat the mediocre level of fitness that I currently possess. If I play badminton practically every week as opposed to when I can be arsed, run 3 times a week (I currently run no times a week) and continue to play football once or twice a week, that ought to take care of it. Plus if I force the disgusting, alien-like food stuff that is fruit (11) , that should help. And if it does not help, well at least it is one of my New Year Resolutions. If I do not have the book sorted out by September I can look to do the “Write a Book in a Month” thing (1). I do not mean to sound nonchalant but I have to be practical. I also reckon that I do not have to plan going to museums too much. That can be done ad-hoc (9). The things I really need to look at now are the things that I anticipate to be time-consuming:
(3) Volunteering,
(4) Recording an album,
(5) Learning a language,
(8) Knitting a bloody jumper (I think I’m really going to regret that one),
(12) Clearing out my garage. I promise you, it is a mess.
And whilst I’m organising or doing those missions/chores, I need to be doing so whilst researching the Three Peaks Challenge (or getting Mike to do it), whilst running and eating a fruit salad. Easy.
Although, actually it is not easy. So far today I managed a 15 minute run and felt like dying. Plus, whilst I am writing this entry (multi-tasking) I am mincing a cup of tea, whilst wincing. I’m mincing and wincing. All for the sake of avoiding the numerous weird looks that come my way when I say that I do not drink tea or coffee. Judgmental bastards. Plus, I told my Mum of my plans last night and she reminded me that I planned to replace my headlight in my Vauxhall Corsa about a month ago and that I still haven’t done it.
If I do not succeed in this challenge (as in, my mega-challenge - not replacing a headlight) it will probably be because of my absent-mindedness and not my lack of desire to better myself. Maybe people with worse memories do not succeed as much as those with better ones? Just a week ago I took some CDs back to the library, only to leave my CDs at home. When my car tax was due for renewal, I realised that I had been driving without an M.O.T for 5 months. The fact that I make it to work everyday is a bloody surprise given my track-record for forgetting things.
Note to self: I must keep up this blog so that I do not forget important things. I must be disciplined. I must drink this awful cup of tea…
No comments:
Post a Comment