Thursday, 10 January 2013

The Slog (or The Slog Blog, if you prefer)

Intrigued?
Getting through the initial stage of preparing and organising this Herculean (I like to think) task that I am to endure is proving to be a bit of a slog. More sloggish though is writing about it in an entertaining way. How can I make someone lending me some knitting needles sound exciting? How can I actually draw you in with my attempt to buy yet more, yes more, loft boards? Perhaps my minor debacle with B&Q when I tried to take back a draught excluder, as it was the wrong size, and their failure to refund me because of two missing screws, might be enough to wet your appetite?

"Two screws? How fussy and pedantic, Matt!" You're probably saying. Well, exactly. But I still feel a bit cheap if I try to sell you that as a gripping story. The only things that I got particularly animated about, that happened this week, was my trip Nando's, my first visit to The Alexandra Tavern, and a game of badminton. But they're not even relevent.

A lot of people are asking, possibly out of formality rather than genuine interest, how the challenges are going. And so far, they are not going. I'm planning a lot and I have been doing a lot of thinking regarding the subject, which sort of counts in my opinion. But I cannot really say that any challenges are going. If they are going, then they are going, lethargically and begrudgingly. None of the challenges are actually going to be properly, actually, definitely starting probably for a tiny while. And in the meantime I've got to pretend like everything is OK.

So I leave you with this promise: it will get better. When I'm throwing up after forcing down a disgusting smoothie, or have broken my leg on a mountain (whilst trying to eat a smoothie), or whilst accidently stabbing myself in the eye with a knitting needle (whilst eating a smoothie and climbing a mountain), you will be the first to find out about it. .

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment