As I explained way back in blog number 1, I couldn’t give myself this as a ‘challenge’ because I had already organised it at the end of 2012. I thought it would be cheating if I set that as a target for 2013. Despite that, I do feel a bit proud that I finally managed to perform a few of my own songs to a crowd. And by crowd I mean about 20 people. And half of them were friends. But I’m still happy nonetheless. And relieved. Mainly relieved.
The Brickmakers, where I wowed an under-capacity crowd, were nice enough to film it for me, as was the other band. So I ended up with two videos of my slot. They’re only about 20 minutes long. And I thought that, despite not liking listening to myself, that I should upload one of them because I can only assume that you were reading this to fulfil your intrigue. Hopefully this video will satisfy it as well as provide further evidence that I have every intention to complete my ultimate challenge (of 12 smaller ones).
I am also hoping that I can get feedback from this for my future album, which will be recorded at some point this year by someone with something. It’s also worth mentioning that an album recorded in a studio or via other media will probably sound better than my live, nervous recording, via camcorder, that I have supplied you with here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKl0OhrF6S4&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for supporting me in my quest to better/punish myself. I think it is probably too early to tell of progress in my betterment/punishment but this is a sizable start. I like to tell myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment