Groupon are doing a ‘Learn a Language’ course for £9. So I went all over that. Still undecided between German (easier) and Italian (sexier, let’s be honest).
I have also had a think about what books to read and when and have included a picture of the ones that I am probably going to read. There is quite a healthy variety of genre and books size. I think I will have to choose a month of 31 days to give myself the best possible chance for success. March is looking good for that. However, February has a half term and my wife is doing another essay so the house will be particularly quiet. What a pickle, I hear you cry. I reckon I could try it in February, with the scope of doing it a future month if I fail. Which I wont. Which I definitely wont.
My updated to-do list is as follows:
- Practice my songs more
- Run more
- Drink more tea and eat more fruit
I thought I would leave the best til last: The Garage Update. So I put some loft boards in my loft today, so that I could start to clear out my garage. My garage is so full, however, that I could not get to any of my tools to secure the loft boards. What a day.
Please feel free to recommend books (that are under 500 pages). (And good).
This is brilliant Matt! Extremely impressed!!
ReplyDeleteI have a book suggestion for you (and I think Adele will like it too) - it's very short, but very good, and very moving. It's called 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly', and it's about a high-flying man who suffered a massive stroke. He then became a victim of 'Locked in' Syndrome - a form of paralysis. He 'wrote' the book by dictating - he blinked out the letters. So poignant. Do include it! You can get it on Amazon for 1p :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0007139845/ref=sr_1_1_up_1_main_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357508935&sr=1-1&condition=used
Thank you Alice. I have bought the book solely on your recommendation! I look forward to it. Hope you're well! x
Delete